Eneaenigma Equilibria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncertainties

Go down

Uncertainties Empty Uncertainties

Post by LadyDragon Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:18 am

Layers of blue, gold, pink, and purple painted the morning sky, transforming the lake before her into a pool of molten color and leaving the trees and walls in muted shadow. It was unlike anything Awnya had ever seen before. Her home, while beautiful in its own way, was never so clear in the mornings to see the sunrise properly. The sun had to fight through too many layers of fog rolling in off the sea, or mist floating up through the trees of the forest. There was a quiet, demure array of colors to the sunrise and sunsets of home; this was much more brilliant. 

The rising sun had allowed her mind to stop circling the fears that had brought her out of the castle and into the garden. While she watched the dark blues and purples of predawn give way to brighter shades of pink, orange, and gold the memories of the previous day became less terrifying. Amazing how the addition of a little light could alter one's perceptions so drastically. Taking a breath of the cool, damp air coming off the lake, Awnya felt herself relax as she had not since first finding herself in this strange place. 

'At least when I woke this time it was not to that cold, metal room or the creature that had awaited me there.' A shiver ran down her spine at the memory of Kol and the encounter they'd shared. Even now she could see his eyes staring into her soul, beckoning her to him, begging her for a taste of her blood. "Avartagh..." she whispered, the name arousing images of monstrous, vile creatures intent on devouring all that came before them. She had called him that upon first discovering what he was, but after everything they had been through, after watching him try and save another life, she wasn't sure such a cursed title was deserved. 

"I know not where I am...nor why I was brought to this place. I am not alone....but do I dare trust those that I have seen thus far?" she spoke softly into the quiet, not truly expecting an answer. Memories of what had transpired, thus far, were difficult to hold onto; they seemed to fade away like smoke on the wind. Waking in the strange room with its soft bed and simple furnishings had been quite the surprise considering the last thing she remembered was helping a demon bring a drowned woman back to life. When had she fallen asleep? Was it even true sleep?

Having never been quite comfortable inside buildings--especially those without windows--she had been quick to leave the room and seek solace outside. Somehow she was not surprised to find that the hall with its many doors lead to the garden she and Kol had found before. It seemed as if the entire castle was built around the garden. At least it was outside, and beyond the curved walls of the tamed and manicured garden she had found a natural-seeming wood surrounding a pristine and quiet lake dotted with the stars of the sky above.  

"You have some time before the game begins. Use it wisely."

Awnya jumped to her feet at the sudden intrusion, blue eyes widening as she searched for the source of the voice only to find herself quite alone. "Who's there?" she called, eyes gazing into the shadows of the trees and even casting out onto the lake; but only ducks and swans floated out there. Frowning, softly, she moved to sit back down on the grass only to find that a silver tray with a domed lid had been left right beside her on the ground. 

"How...it must be some sort of magic." Awnya whispered, heart beating rapidly in her chest. Once again she searched for a source of the voice and, she presumed, the tray, but finding nothing she simply crouched and removed the lid. Though she couldn't have said what she expected to find, she was grateful to discover food beneath the dome. What was even more surprising was the meal being served was exactly as her mother may have made at home. Tears sprang to her eyes at the sight of thick links of sausage and slabs of bacon resting comfortably beside a round of black pudding and a pile of thick-cut potatoes and button mushrooms. Next to the potatoes was a ladel-full of beans, two fried eggs resting right on top, and off to the other side were two halves of a tomato, lightly fried. A thick slice of bread sat on a smaller plate beside the main dish, a generous dollop of fresh-churned butter resting beside it. Rich-smelling tea steamed in a cup beside a small dish of cream and sugar. Nothing had been left out. 

"I do not know who you are, but thank you..." Awnya whispered before offering a small prayer for the meal. With tears streaming down her cheeks, the pale-faced girl began to eat.
LadyDragon
LadyDragon
Admin

https://eneaenigmaequilibria.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum